Ode to Dryer Sheets
You are so small in size, dear dryer sheet.
With such an unusual, unsettling texture.
Yet, you still find a way, each and every time,
to leave my clothing and other laundry items
static free
and fresh-smelling.
You find the time and energy
to personally touch and spread your magic
to every single item within the confines of the Dryer;
sock,
underwear,
shirt,
and towel alike.
I don't know how you do it.
You do not discriminate.
You never skimp.
You are up to the task of softening even the largest of laundry loads.
I admit, dear dryer sheets, I never fully appreciated you
until I put on a pair of underwear from a batch not
graced with your goodness.
I'm sorry for taking you for granted for so long.
Thank you dear dryer sheets.
With such an unusual, unsettling texture.
Yet, you still find a way, each and every time,
to leave my clothing and other laundry items
static free
and fresh-smelling.
You find the time and energy
to personally touch and spread your magic
to every single item within the confines of the Dryer;
sock,
underwear,
shirt,
and towel alike.
I don't know how you do it.
You do not discriminate.
You never skimp.
You are up to the task of softening even the largest of laundry loads.
I admit, dear dryer sheets, I never fully appreciated you
until I put on a pair of underwear from a batch not
graced with your goodness.
I'm sorry for taking you for granted for so long.
Thank you dear dryer sheets.

1 Comments:
I could not agree with this ode anymore. I too, take dryer sheets for granted and will try harder to appreciate them.
Awesome ode yo.
Post a Comment
<< Home