Ode
Dearest Memorial Day
Thy merits and blessings canst never be fully expounded
Thou allowest me a welcome reprieve from the Sunday Night Blues
Thou extends my weekend an extra day, the day I would always choose
Thou allowest me to start the work week on the Day of Tues
Thou ist noble in meaning without enforcing thy true intentions upon me
Thou ist a rare gift, comparable only to thy brother, the Day of the Labor
Thou allowest me to sleep until I wake up, a virtue that is without price
Thou ist one of only a minute few and precious paid holidays in my work year
Thus I am given pay for the loafing at the poolside
Memorial Day, I love thee and will love each of your yearly manifestations evermore
Let me not forget your beauty, superficial and real.
Thy merits and blessings canst never be fully expounded
Thou allowest me a welcome reprieve from the Sunday Night Blues
Thou extends my weekend an extra day, the day I would always choose
Thou allowest me to start the work week on the Day of Tues
Thou ist noble in meaning without enforcing thy true intentions upon me
Thou ist a rare gift, comparable only to thy brother, the Day of the Labor
Thou allowest me to sleep until I wake up, a virtue that is without price
Thou ist one of only a minute few and precious paid holidays in my work year
Thus I am given pay for the loafing at the poolside
Memorial Day, I love thee and will love each of your yearly manifestations evermore
Let me not forget your beauty, superficial and real.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home